East Coast Sailing Associationpowered by TidyHQ
Welcome to the East Coast Sailing Association!
“The ECSA shall organize and coordinate sailing activities of its members for their mutual benefit. It shall assist and complement established yacht clubs by actively encouraging and coordinating sail-cruiser participation in open yacht club events and by organizing local and distance cruises and racing for sailing craft. Its members shall actively encourage the highest standards of yachting safety, integrity, courtesy and camaraderie.”
Please join us for our monthly meetings, the Second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m., at the Satellite Beach Civic Center:
565 Cassia Blvd, Satellite Beach, Florida, 32937
or on your chartplotter: 28° 10.30' N, 80° 36.28' W
Coming up :
Our next meeting will be Wednesday, November 10, at 7:00 p.m. at Satellite Beach City Hall.
At the meeting, we will have our business meeting, where we talk about past and upcoming cruises, followed my a guest speaker.
Click "Meetings" in the main menu for more information.
- And some fun cruises - Florida-style. Upcoming events are listed at the bottom of this page .
For more information on these and all upcoming events, click "Events" at the top of the page (or, on a mobile device, select "Events" from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner ).
How do I join this fine organization?
Glad you asked! Just click "Club" → "Join us" at the top of the page (or, on a mobile device, select "Club" → "Join us" from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner ).
Where to find us:
New items of interest:
- Cruising Checklist: Member Simon Koumjian has compiled a list of everything a sailor needs to make a trip to the Bahamas, or perhaps even longer. Check it out on the "Club → Lend-a-Hand" page.
- Southwinds Magazine: Secretary Joe Cloidt wrote a fine article on the history of the ECSA, submitted it to Southwinds magazine, and they put it on their web site. Good job, Joe! Here is the link: https://southwindsmagazine.com/the-east-coast-sailing-association/
- Banana River Sail and Power Squadron: Our friends and fellow mariners from this club are supplying us with their monthly newsletter, Dragon Tales. Check it out on the "Local → Other Boating Club Newsletters" page.
- Classified ads: New on the "Club → Classifieds" page are ads for a pair of AGM Batteries, a nautical-themed blanket, strands of double-braid line, a free (!) inflatable dinghy, and an offer to share a 28-foot sailboat.
- Bridge Repair Notice: If anyone is planning a trip to the Stuart area, we just learned that the Roosevelt Bridge is undergoing repairs. This is not likely to affect boat traffic, but be on the lookout for construction activity in that area. Click here to watch a local TV station report. And click here for a portion of a nautical chart (bridge in circled in red).
- Historic ECSA Newsletters: Thanks to long-time members Joe Coleman and Bob Wiley, your webmaster has been given many years of printed Foot, Tack, & Clew newsletters. We now have online versions of almost every ECSA Newsletter going back to 1970! Check "Club → Newsletters" to view the vast collection. For the years 2003 and earlier, the files are scanned images, so unfortunately they are not text-searchable. (But, anyone wanting to volunteer to OCR the newsletters is most welcome to contact the webmaster!) For anyone interested in the history of the club, it's a gold-mine!
Check out our other ECSA Web Site features:
- Weather: We sailors can't check the weather forecasts too often, especially here in east central Florida during hurricane season! Click "Local → Weather" in the main menu for updated links for current conditions and forecasts to help plan your next cruise.
- Members Helping Members: Check out "Club → Lend-a-Hand" in the Main Menu, where members can share tools, skills, and information they may have, but that the typical sailor may need only occasionally. Also, our "Club → Presentations" page has the slides from some of our past presentations at meetings, in case you missed them. Only logged-in members can access the ECSA Lend-a-Hand and Presentations pages -- if you're not one, join us and log in. Members helping members -- that is what ECSA does best!
- Ship's Store online: Please click on "Shop" in the Main Menu to see all the wonderful items available. We have shirts, hats, helpful gadgets for your boat, and more!
- Rotary Park Suntree
- 2021-11-13 14:00 – 2021-11-14 10:00